Monday, June 23

Trouble makers

Remember when you were little and you got in trouble for fighting and yelling at each other? And then you got in trouble for laughing and playing?
Or was that just Erin and I?
When Erin and I were kids, we did a lot of fighting....but we also did a lot of playing.
We could never figure out why we were yelled at the same for fighting and playing. We said we wouldn't do that when we grew up and had kids.
I lied.
Playing can sometimes be more aggravating than fighting.
The girls were in their room playing last night. Just screaming and laughing and carrying on. I was okay with it, since it was in there. So I snuck in to take a picture of their fun. I walked in, and their room had EVERY SINGLE TOY they own out thrown about, and they were on the bed wrestling. So they got in trouble. Ankara said to me, "but mommy, we weren't fighting, we were playing...why are you yelling at us?" They still had to pick up their toys, and stop wrestling, but she was right, they were just playing. Kind of like Erin and I use to. But darn it, I hate to admit I understand my mom's nuttiness now. shhhh, don't tell her!

No comments: