Wednesday, August 13

1st day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was the first day of Kindergarten. Ankara was very excited. She hurried through breakfast, and paced around the house waiting until it was time to go.
Finally when we decided to leave she met Avrie outside and we all walked together. They sang and skipped all the way there.
Once we were there, she froze. My little social butterfly, who is never shy, froze. She faked a smile and stood nervously in line waiting to go inside. No tears thankfully, at least not from her (a lot of other kids, and myself, but not Ankara!)
Off she went like such a big kid. In the mean time, Ellie and I had to go to her preschool orientation. She met up with her little buddy Henry. And they held hands the entire morning. Very cute.

1 comment:

Konkadoo said...

That slide show is really cool. I'll have to check the site out sometime.

I hope she had a nice time.