Tuesday, July 22

Weekend

We attempted a garage sale this weekend. I have never had one before. Probably won't again either. The girls were so excited to do it. They had big plans to sell lots of stuff and use their money to go buy a new doll. They sat out with us all day, they even had a lemonade stand set up. We had lots of people look and stop by. And in the end, we sold one pair of baby shoes. For $1. Yup, $1. So if you subtract the money from the ice cream man stopping by, we're down $5. Oh well, it was a fun day anyhow. The day prior, Shane built Ankara a new bed. A beautiful new bed. Pictures to come once the whole room is finished. Ankara helped him build both Saturday and Sunday. Though, if you look at her smiling face next to her masterpiece, I don't think the house she built is very structurally sound.



3 comments:

Konkadoo said...

I can't believe the baby stuff didn't go. You're either in the wrong location or you didn't advertise. Did you make stuff dirt cheap? I have made money in the past from them but I still hate them. Ours has been put off until after fair is over.

Button and Bug said...

We did have things very cheap. And we only put out the "good" stuff, so it didn't look like a bunch of junk. We did advertise but I think people in our area want to sell, just not buy. Very snooty you know! That's okay, good 'ol craigslist is selling for us.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the fall in the economy is killing the garage sale market too? :( Sorry no luck. Looks like the girls had fun...great marketing team! GOod luck w/ Craig's.
-Tanya