Sunday, March 28

Spring Break- Texas

We went to visit Grandma and Papa in Port Isabel for our 1st week of spring break....we tortured the girls with another road trip! I think it's good for them. They get to see parts of the country you'd miss when you fly. (this is my theory, work with me here) They did absolutely wonderful! We broke it up into a few days, instead of a long long day or two.
It was such a fun trip, I can not cover every detail here. We walked along the River Walk in San Antonio....Fished off the beaches in South Padre. Played in the ocean till we couldn't stand anymore. Saw dolphins, sea turtles, puffer fish and jelly fish...Ankara caught her very 1st fish. Not just one fish, but TWO! And a Ankara caught a sea turtle! Sweet Ellie Bellie caught a sea turtle too. But didn't reel it in...it got off as it neared the edge. Speaking of sea turtles, we thought they were hanging around us because we were cute....nope, they stole all the fish we had caught, hanging on a line in the waters. I had never thought I'd fish in the ocean. But it apparently is a big thing to do there! It was fun! We also did ALL the silly tourist stops, those were amongst some of the most fun!
Oh and the biggest part of the whole trip (believe it or not!) Ankara lost her 1st tooth! This thing has been hanging in her mouth loose for 3 months. THREE MONTHS! And she could barely bite for the last 2+ weeks. But sweet Ankara would NOT have it come out, it needed to fall out naturally...The last night of the vacation, it was hanging on by a thread. She wouldn't let Shane touch her tooth, so she yanked it out! Thankfully the tooth fairy knew how to find her, probably followed our GPS signal!
We are home now, basking in the fun of our trip! We're exhausted, and cold. Did I mention it was BEAUTIFUL there! Too bad we missed the Colorado mini blizzard!
Our next adventure will be a trip to Nebraska in a couple of weeks,
and next to a drive to Texas, Nebraska will be a breeze!
Below are a few pictures from the trip!




























4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think road trips are good for kids too, even though it can feel torturous at times... Sounds like a fun trip. Love the photo of the girls on the beach.

Konkadoo said...

Looks like you had a great time. Nice pictures.

The Grapers said...

How fun! I love the girls matching dresses.

The Grapers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.