Sunday, August 10

Sunday piercings.....

Ellie Bellie asked if she could get her ears pierced today. We wouldn't let Ankara get hers done till she asked. And she did at age 3 1/2. Ellie isn't quite 3 yet...but she has been asking off and on for a couple of months. But she was very much wanting them today. So we said okay. She was very nervous, and very excited. She sat like such a big kid. She asked me if I would hold her hand tight, and of coarse I did. The ladies counted...one, two, three....click. But one dumb lady did it on three and the other didn't. So the split second of their error, missed the mark on her left ear because Ellie instantly jerked her head with the first click on her right ear. The dumb lady looked at me slightly panicked, and said, "she moved, it was her fault." Of coarse I was mad, not only cause they missed, but because she said that. I was trying to console my daughter, and not punch the lady. I looked at her and said, "fix it. Take out the one you messed up and do it right, and do it fast." I told her of coarse she moved, she didn't do it at the same time. So she quickly re-did it. But Ellie didn't even feel the re-do, she was still upset about the first time around. And poor Ellie Bellie, when she gets all worked up, her nose bleeds. So the chaos continued. Shane and I tried to keep her nose all cleaned up, and finish up the cleaning of the ears. I am sure that the little girl waiting her turn about had a heart attack, not knowing the issue Ellie has with nose bleeds, but saw the gushing blood. Who knows if she actually went through with her piercing.
Ellie survived, she is a very very tough little girl. She acts as if nothing happened today. She cried in the initial click, but was over it quickly. She is so cute.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

ohh, that breaks my heart. Thankfully Ellie is a tough little girl!

Konkadoo said...

One of her big sisters still won't put up with such pain for beauty. I wonder if she ever will?

The comment, "it was her fault" on a not even 3-year-old would make me flip. It soooo was not her fault. She's TWO, you're the grown-up. You have to be able to compensate for the fact that your patient is TWO. Duh.

People with such objects should practice their technique and synchronization or it is guaranteed to fail even with a grown-up. Can anyone resist the automatic move?

Konkadoo said...

Oops. I meant one of her big COUSINS, not sisters.

Button and Bug said...

I made the comment on the blog MUCH nicer than what was really said at the place. To protect the innocent readers from the things I actually said.